Saturday, March 24, 2012

Book reviews

Me thinks it will be a great idea to write my review on the crochet or art and craft books that I have bought and will buy.

The first book I'd like to review is: 200 Crochet Flowers, Embellishments & Trims by Claire Crompton

What an attractive cover page! When I find a book up for sale on the Internet, I browse for the title on Amazon.com. Some of their books have a closer view of the pages and I am able to actually see their contents page to figure out if I get what I want and does it look as attractive as I imagine it to be.

This book, like most others, starts off about yarns, colours, textures and weight of the different kinds of yarn available in the market. Then starts off the patterns with the basic stitches and the more complicated stitches. The pictures of colour combinations are to die for and I wonder why I hadnt thought of those colours before! This book also teaches you how to crochet motifs and join them too.

If you are a crochet freak and never get enough of your fascinating hobby, then this is one book definitely for the book shelf. Happy reading and crocheting!

Love,
Me xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment